{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mexican Pot Pie

I recently clipped this recipe out of a magazine and am SO glad I did. It was EASY and was a hit. While we were eating it, Matt said, "so is this like a Mexican Pot Pie?" And, I thought it was the perfect description. Yum...and good leftover too! :) ...The only thing is that I think I could have sealed my crust better. It all kind of came out the sides... Fiesta Chicken Casserole
{I halved this recipe and made it in a much smaller dish...and, it only took one pie crust to lay over the top!}
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
1 jar (16 ounces) Chunky Salsa
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
1 package (24 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn
2 cans (9.75 ounces each) White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained

Let the pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or until they're easy to handle.
Stir the salsa, soup, sour cream, cheese, corn, chicken and beans in a large bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.

Unfold the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Lay the crusts side-by-side so that they overlap by about 3 inches in the center. Press the seam to seal. Roll the pie crust into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Place the pie crust over the chicken mixture. Trim the excess crust from the edge. Cut several slits in the crust.

Bake at 400°F. for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

katie + bret said...

Hi there! I have managed to mosey on over here from Bethanie's blog and I am loving all your recipes and DIY crafts! Hope you don't mind but you have picked up a new follower!

-Katie