{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Joker Approved Pie

Quinn has a recent Batman obsession! It’s cute to watch him play “good guys/bad guys” for the first time! Until now it has been all about Thomas and Lightning McQueen…where bad guys don’t really exist. So, the “boy” in him is really coming out and it’s hilarious! …

Anyway, with a recent Joker, came a “pie shooter.” And, when he was shooting the pies at PawPaw a few weeks ago, they were discussing the flavors of pies that were being shot. One that Q kept coming back to was “Lemonade Pie!” I don’t know where he got it…but, since he loves lemonade, I decided that he needed to have his own Lemonade Pie.
HeroWorldJokerL

I’ve seen recipes all over the place for this pie. One in my Southern Living. One here. So, I kind of combined the two and made my own version.

Then, I placed them in individual graham cracker crusts…just because I thought they were cute. I’m pretty sure the Joker would approve! My little “good guy” sure did! :)
Lunches Week 4 007 

Lemonade Pie
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
1 (12 ounce) container whip topping, thawed
1 (6 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, keep frozen
1 box of lemon instant pudding
graham cracker crust

In a medium bowl, add chilled sweetened condensed milk, pudding and cool whip and fold gently. Add frozen lemonade and continue to gently fold. Do not let the mixture become soupy. Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate.  Top with Cool Whip!
Lunches Week 4 010

No comments: