{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who cares about the calories? It’s good for the allergies!

I recently made these and ended up eating most if it by the spoonful! It’s yummy!!! Also, I got honey at our local Farmer’s Market! It’s supposed to be REALLY good for allergies if you eat the honey from your area! I guess it made me feel a little less guilty for eating so much. It was good for my allergies! ;) October 1-3 003Peanut Butter Granola Balls

1/3 cup honey
¼ cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries or cherries) {optional}

In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats and dried fruit.
Drop mixture by the tablespoon into mini muffin tins. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.

No comments: