{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Diet Cupcakes…is there such a thing?

When my fellow Diet Coke lover had a baby, and I took her dinner, I KNEW that these would be the perfect little dessert. And, let’s just say, they’re the EASIEST cupcakes I’ve ever made.

But, don’t let the easiness fool you. They are, quite possibly, my favorite homemade cupcakes! Something about their texture and taste is SO yum! Try them…and, if you don’t agree with me, you didn't waste any time! Quinn's 4th 063

Diet Coke Cupcakes
{Makes about 18 cupcakes for 125 calories each + icing calories}

1 package dry chocolate cake mix
12 ounces diet coke
icing

Mix together. (DO NOT use any of the ingredients called for on the box!)Fill cupcake cups about 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 12-16 minutes.
Let cool completely and ice.

*The texture will be different than normal cupcakes. They’re not quite as fluffy and round.


Quinn's 4th 065

1 comment:

The Penuels said...

ooooh yum! Some ingredients I will probably always have on hand!!! :)