{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, March 23, 2009

Contributing Author...

My sweet friend, Carrie, has been reading my recipe blog and graciously offered to start sending me some of her family favorites. I was so proud when I received an email with her first recipe AND pictures! And, this recipe is her favorite for her *picky* family! ...I can't wait to try it! :)

Mac & Cheese Casserole

2 boxes of mac and cheese
2 tbl sour cream
1 lb ground meat
1 package of taco seasoning
tortilla chips

Make 2 boxes of mac and cheese according to the directions. Mix in 2 tbl of sour cream. Brown ground meat and drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Pour half of the mac and cheese into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour taco meat on top of the mac and cheese and spread evenly. Pour the remaining mac and cheese on top. Crumble tortilla chips on top of the mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and leave in for a few minutes until desired crispiness.

1 comment:

Annie said...

we made this last night! it was soo good! The boys loved it!