{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, May 18, 2009

I still prefer the canned kind!

I decided that it was time for me to try fresh asparagus, since Matt likes the canned kind so much! And, this was good...but I still prefer canned! ...


Sesame Asparagus
6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sesame seeds


Place asparagus in skillit and sprinkle with salt. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 4 minutes. Melt butter and add lemon juice and sesame seeds in separtate bowl. Drain asparagus and drizzle with butter mixture.

No comments: