{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chopsticks Optional!

Last night I made this! It was different! Good different! ...But, my favorite thing about the whole thing was what I learned in making it. ...When I was thawing the chicken (and it wasn't completely frozen, but wasn't yucky chicken either), I went ahead and cut it into strips! It was SOOO easy! Why has no one ever shared that secret with me before!? That's how I'll trim the gross stuff off of my chicken from now on. ...
Orange-Chicken Rice Bowl
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup orange juice
3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1/4 cup chopped Peanuts

Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 5 to 7 min. or until cooked through. Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with nuts.

No comments: