{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Sunday, July 19, 2009

You Can't Go Wrong...

...with homemade mashed potatoes! Seriously, who could pass them up. Here's the way that I have always made them...and I think they're delish! ...


Gold Mashed Potatoes

1 bag of Yucatan Gold potatoes (usually 8-10 medium potatoes)
sour cream
Shredded cheese
milk
salt
pepper

Scrub potatoes with potato brush. Cut into small pieces. Boil until done. Drain and put in large mixing bowl. Mash slightly with potato masher. Add sour cream, milk, cheese, salt and pepper(as much as you would like to reach your desired consistency). Mash with potato masher until they are to your liking! ...I like mine a little lumpy! :)

No comments: