{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Little Misleading...{but, worth it!}...

When I saw this recipe in my Kraft magazine, I have to admit that my preggo self was pretty excited! It looked so yummy to me! So, when we had friends coming over, I felt ambitious enough to make it. But, the recipe was a LITTLE misleading. It said that it was 30 minutes prep time...BUT...that included cooked chicken and cooked manicotti shells. (which added an extra 30 minutes, at least!) Even though the whole process took longer than expected, it was SO yum, and was even yummier the next day as lunch AND dinner!!! MMMMM MMMMMM!

Chicken & Spinach Manicotti
1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 container (16 oz.) Cottage Cheese
2 egg whites
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
10 manicotti shells, cooked, drained
1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I used dried)

HEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE chicken and garlic in large bowl. Add spinach, cottage cheese, egg whites and 1/4 cup mozzarella; spoon into manicotti shells.
PLACE in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with spaghetti sauce.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake 5 min. or until melted. Sprinkle with basil.

No comments: