{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, January 25, 2010

A twist on Banana Bread

When the bananas were starting to turn this time around, I went to cooks.com and found an easy banana bread recipe that did not disappoint. I thought it was fun that it was for bars...and even though I didn't have a jelly roll pan, I followed those instructions. It wasn't super sweet, but made a great, quick breakfast for a few days.


EASY BANANA BARS

3 lg. over ripe bananas (or 4 small)
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. nuts
2 c. flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix all ingredients. Put in 5 x 9 inch loaf pan that has been greased with shortening.
Bake at 325°F degrees for 1 hour OR

BANANA BARS: Pour mixture into jelly roll pan, bake until toothpick comes out clean (sides will pull away from pan). Make a sugar (confectioners') and water mixture and drizzle over the top when cooled. Cut into squares.
***
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? If so, please share! I'd love to try more! :)

5 comments:

RL said...

I do and it's on my blog (: i like it because it's super easy and not really sweet.

Kelli said...

I made these in the mini loaves last night for friends! SO GOOD!

http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/last-chocolate-chip-banana-bread-recipe-youll-ever-need/

sanjeet said...

Great idea! I can't wait to make it soon!

Work from home India

Unknown said...

Your mother STILL makes the BEST banana bread ever! It is the only recipe I will use and it is always perfect!

Nick and/or Krista said...

BEST BANANA BREAD, HANDS DOWN! You know when you are looking for a recipe and you keep trying some but none are ever "the one?" Well...we tried this last week and as a family decided I could officially STOP looking for other banana bread recipes. Honestly, I will never try another one again, ever! This one was delicious! Its on my recipe blog: http://goodfoodcrappypictures.blogspot.com/