{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Bachelor Basic


When Matt was a bachelor, this was one of his staple meals! And, when we started dating/got engaged/were newlyweds, we dined on it frequently as well! It was quick and easy...and, I even came to crave it! ...Honeslty, it had been years since I'd thought about this tasty treat, and when we made it a few weeks ago, it took me back! I must admit that I still LOVE it!...who cares how "bachelor" it is!?

Bachelor Matt's Chicken & Rice

1 package of Knorr Chicken rice side
1 can of white chicken

Make the rice according to packet directions. Add chicken half way through cooking time and continue to boil. Serve with good 'ol Saltine crackers.

1 comment:

Erin Ellis said...

This is definitely something you will always find in our pantry...we love all the different kinds of rice, but I never thought to add chicken! I'm excited to try this asap!