I got this yummy recipe from my friend…and, when I googled it, I found the video of Paula making these amazing cookies. She’s such a hoot, y’all! :) And, these cookies will not disappoint! (My three year old has eaten WAY too many…and so has his Momma!)
Paula Deen’s Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, at room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (18 oz.) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in the powdered sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cookies will remain soft and "gooey".
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more powdered sugar.