{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, October 25, 2010

Candy Corn Cuteness

Since the scary stuff that goes with Halloween just isn’t my thing, I’d say my favorite Halloween symbol is the candy corn. It’s so cheerful, gets me in the Fall spirit…and it’s YUMM, of course! So, when I saw this cute recipe, I was so excited to make them for us! And, they turned out presh! Make ‘em and ENJOY before the stores sell out of this yummy little sugary goodness!

Oct 22-25 029  

Candy Corn Cupcakes

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c water
1 c sour cream
Food coloring (orange and yellow)
Frosting of choice

With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients for about 2 min. Divide batter into two separate bowls. Add about a 1/2 tsp of food coloring in to each bowl. Stir Well. Spoon about 1 TB of yellow into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Then spoon about 1 TB of orange batter on top of that. Bake for 20 min, remove and let cool completely before frosting.

      Oct 22-25 031   Oct 22-25 034

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

So cute! These are going on our baking list! : ) Not into the scary witch-ish kind of stuff, but love the fun, cute stuff!