{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mystery Green Quiche

When I saw the recipe for this quiche, I was immediately intrigued. Avocados!? In quiche? It was a new thought and the SMARTEST IDEA EVER! Since I’m not a fan of sausage, I changed the recipe up a bit. I loved it SO much and the flavor of the avocado with the eggs and Canadian bacon was MMMMM mmmm GOOD! Halloween 2010 097Avocado & Sausage Quiche
makes 2
Ingredients:
2 medium avocados
2 deep dish frozen ready-made pie crusts
1 can diced green chilies
1 package Canadian Bacon
6 eggs
2 3/4 c. half and half
2/3 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
1 C. Fiesta blend cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Canadian bacon into small pieces. Add can of diced chilies and stir.
 
Divide mixture among two deep dish ready made frozen pie crusts. Combine cheeses in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 c. of cheese mixture on each quiche.

Peel avocados and remove pit. Chop into 1/4"-1/2" cubes and sprinkle on top of cheese.

Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture on top of avocados.

Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk for 30 seconds. Add milk, salt, pepper, and stir well.

Place quiches on a baking sheet and pour egg mixture into each crust until it reaches the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until set.

Remove from oven, slice, and serve.

1 comment:

Evan and Nicole said...

made this tonight and loooooooved it!