{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Friday, January 14, 2011

For the Monkeys in Your Life…

Quinn loves to say that he’s a monkey! He’s cute like that! So, when I told him about these cookies, he was anxious to help…especially with smooshing the bananas. He said they were for monkeys! But, I’d say they’re for anyone that loves a good cookie! And, they take all of 5 minutes to make! They were super soft…kinda like a muffin top. We loved ‘em!
Jan 13 008
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

1/2 pouch Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 pouch Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
1 egg

Optional:
1 container Whipped fluffy white frosting
sprinkles


Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet.

Stir cookie mix, bananas and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost with frosting; add sprinkles while frosting is still wet.

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Hi brittney, I needed a new way to use up my ripe bananas! Do you actually mix the cookie dough per the directions first? Or just use the dry cookie mix with the egg and bananas? Thanks!

ThePoeFam said...

HEY GIRL! I've been so sad that I can't read your blog! Where do I email you to give you my info!?!?!? Hope all is well...can't wait to catch up! ...

And, don't use the ingredients listed on the pkg...just the mix with egg and banana! SUPER easy!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Send me an email over to therodriguezcrewblog {at} yahoo and I'll add you! I went private a few months ago!! LOTS of changes since you checked in on us!! :)