{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gackey's Brownies

To start off my new "domestic" little blog, I have to share my Gackey's famous brownies! I think they're usually called "Blonde Brownies," but not around my house...to me, they've always been "Gackey's Brownies!" ...and they're easy and delicious!
ENJOY....

Gackey's Brownies
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 c. brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
3/4 c. flour
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. vanilla (or more...because I love it)
pecans

Mix all ingredients together and put in greased 8x8 glass pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

Quinn's first taste of Gackey's brownies...he wasn't sure if he liked it or not...but he'll learn...

No comments: