{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Will Power

I had made this recipe before, but it had been a long time. So, when it came time to take a dinner to the Carroll Family, I decided it would surely be a hit! It smelled so yummy...and took LOTS of will power to not take a big 'ol bite right out of their dessert! :)

Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars
INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (21 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan and set aside. In a large bowl, break the cookie dough into chunks. Knead in the oats. Press two-thirds of the mixture into the pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is set. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Top with Cherry Pie Filling. Dot with the remaining cookie dough. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool completely, cover, and chill for 2 hours before serving.

1 comment:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

oh my goodness, I just printed out a ton of recipes from Meredith's recipe blog for the week and this will be next week's list! thank you for posting all of these! that $413 sandwich looks SO YUMMY!!