{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Who says it just has to be for the winter?

This yummy recipe has become a favorite around our house! We make it lots in the fall/winter and even some in the spring/summer! It's my favorite thing to cook for big groups...so easy and such a crowd pleaser!

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can green chilies (do not drain)
1 can stewed tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can Ranch Pinto Beans (do not drain)
1 can corn (do not drain)
1 1/2 cup picante sauce
Taco Seasoning
1/4 t garlic powder

Brown the ground beef with the onions. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Simmer on low for as long as desired or heat on low all day in a crock pot. I usually double or triple the recipe for large groups! YUMMMY!

No comments: