{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Comfort Foods, Here We Come!!!

Even though Fall is DEFINITELY not here yet (I'm still crazy sweating in this Texas heat), school being back in session has made me ready for Fall foods! And, this new recipe was quick and easy...and YUM! Matt said he'd eat it again for sure!
Super Stuffed Potatoes

4 small potatoes (2-¼ lb.)
1 lb. ground beef
¼ lb. (4 oz.) Velveeta, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 small tomato, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
½ cup Sour Cream

PRICK potatoes in several places with fork. Microwave on HIGH 14 min. or just until tender, turning after 7 min. MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Add VELVEETA, tomatoes and onions; cook until VELVEETA is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. SPLIT potatoes; mash insides with fork. Top with meat mixture and sour cream.

1 comment:

The Ruth Family said...

Yum!!! I must say that many of your recipes look fabulous and I can't wait to try them! My husband thanks you because we always have the same old dinners! Keep up the great work!