{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Friday, September 4, 2009

Add it to the list...

I got this out of the new Kraft magazine and LOVED it! It's one I'll make again, FOR SURE!


Almond Chicken & Rice

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade, divided
1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
1/4 cup Sliced Almonds, toasted, divided

COOK chicken in 2 Tbsp. dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 4 min. on each side or until evenly browned. STIR in broth, garlic powder and remaining dressing; bring to boil. Cover; simmer 5 min or until chicken is done (165ºF). Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.
ADD broccoli to skillet; cook, uncovered, 3 min. Stir in rice and 3 Tbsp. nuts. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 7 min. Serve chicken over rice; top with remaining nuts.

No comments: