{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Is it BAD that I fed this to my TWO year old?

I guess if you ate enough, you COULD get a little drunk? Doesn't the alcohol cook out of things? Who knows? Who cares!!! It's quite possibly the best bread I've ever had! And, seriously easy! Thanks, Rachel, for sharing!!!
Beer Bread
3 C self rising flour
3 T sugar (or more if you like your bread sweet)
1 bottle of beer (I used Michelob Ultra)
1/2 stick of butter

Mix all ingredients together. Pour in greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour over the top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. EAT and ENJOY! I promise, you will!

3 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

That looks so yummy! I can't believe how easy it looks. I am going to give it a try.

Jenny said...

I just want to thank you for all of your delicious recipes!! You don't know me but I just wanted to let you know that I've been making some great dinners lately using some of your great ideas.

Can't wait to make this bread!

RL said...

ahhh...i'm so GLAD you tried it. i wasn't lying when i said it was super easy (and super addicting). i actually made it the other day for a bridal brunch and used a blueberry wheat beer and it was awesome dipped in honey!