{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Go Cowboys!

In an attempt to get excited about football season, I made some football themed rice krispy treats for some friends that came over for the first game in the new stadium. Sadly, they did not turn out as cute as I envisioned (the outcome was about as good as the game), but they tasted EVEN better...and we had a great time! :) ...I totally forgot about the yumminess of these little treats! They're definitely under-rated! ...
Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats

1 stick of margarine
1 bag of marshmallows
1/2 cup of peanut butter
Rice Krispy cereal

Melt butter in large pan on stove top. Add marshmallows and peanut butter. Stir constantly until melted. Take off heat and stir in cereal until reach desired consistency. Spread into 9x13 pan. Let cool and cut into shapes. Decorate with gel icing...or let your husband do it! :)


Matt's masterpiece with the "scraps!"...
The offical taste tester approved...

No comments: