{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who doesn't love a good taco salad?

Tangy Taco Salad

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
torn romaine lettuce
1 can black beans
tomatoes, chopped
Mexican Style Shredded Cheese (I forgot to use this!)
Thousand Island Dressing
Salsa
Tortilla Chips

Brown meat in large skillet with seasoning mix; drain, if necessary. Stir in corn and black beans. (or prepare separately and serve buffet style.) Place chips on bottom of plate. Add lettuce, meat, beans, corn, salsa, and Thousand Island Dressing. Top with cheese.

No comments: