{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun for the Kids

I decided to add a new catagory to the recipes..."fun for the kids!" When I come across a fun and kid-friendly snack/treat, I'll post it on here with that label! ... And, here are a few that have recently been devourerd at our house!!!...

The first is pretty self-expainitory! When we were having hot dogs the other night, Q wasn't feelin' it. So I made him his own form of hot dog...why not? ... PB & Banana Hot Dog

1 hot dog bun
1 banana
Peanut Butter
Sprinkles (optional but OH SO FUN!)

Assemble and EAT!

Then, after a week down of Potty Training, it was time for a special treat! And, on the back of the cupckae box, I had seen the recipe for these...So easy! So cute! And SO much easier to eat than a normal cupcake!
Cupcake in a Cone
1 box of cupckae mix (and ingredients needed to make)
Ice Cream Cones
Icing
Sprinkles
Cupcake liners
Prepare cupcakes as directed on package. Place cupcake liners in tin. Fill 2/3 full with batter. Place cone in batter (bottom side/point side up, obviously). Bake acording to package directions. Let cool. Take out of pan and remove paper liner. Cover with icing and sprinkles!

1 comment:

mandy said...

Hi! I just found your blog when I googled "crescent roll chicken"! I have been scouring your recipes & just bookmarked you! Glad I ran across your blog & look forward to trying some of your recipes.