{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hot? Cold? You choose!

This recipe called for chicken, but when my chicken went past its due date, I opted to make it without. And, it was such a good accident! I LOVED this the day of and ate it cold for the next few days! Honestly, I think I liked it better cold...especially when I chopped up grapes and put them inside! It tasted like that yummy salad from Cafe Max! :) Enjoy! Creamy Pasta Primavera
3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)

No comments: