{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Jan-Kay Flash Back

Every summer my church went to Jan-Kay Ranch for church camp. It brings back such great memories. And, every year, they would serve Monkey Bread! We would all get so excited when we'd see the coffee cans full of this yummy goodness on the tables!!! The one I made seemed a little different, but I think the second recipe is the actual one we ate! :) I'll have to try it next time! All I know is that they're both YUM!!!...

Monkey Bread (or Breakfast Pull Apart Cake)
2 cans buttermilk biscuits
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 T cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 c. pecans, chopped (optional)

Put sugar and cinnamon in baggie and shake. Cut biscuits into fourths. Dip biscuit pieces into melted butter. Drop in baggie with sugar and cinnamon mix. Shake until coated. Roll in pecans, Place around bottom of Bundt pan, stacking and layering to the top. Bake at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes.
Monkey Bread
1/2 c. margarine
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. chopped nuts
1 T Cinnamon
3 cans biscuits

Spray bundt pan. Melt margarine in bowl. Mix sugars, nuts and cinnamon in another bowl. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Roll each in sugar. Place balls in pan and drizzle with butter over 1st layer. (1 can) Repeat with other two cans. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the top. Bake 30-35. Cool 1-2 minutes. Take out and serve!!!

2 comments:

Olson Family said...

random--- I grew up just a few miles away from jan kay ranch and the owner's are good family friends:) small world!

Natalie said...

yum! I remember those coffee cans too!