This year, I decided to try a new recipe for Santa that I found in my Southern Living. And, I LOVED them!!! Apparently, Santa liked Chocolate Chip better, but I might disagree! :)
Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies
Makes: 2 dozen ---Hands on Time: 20 minutes
1 chai tea bag
1 (17.5-oz.) package sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
4 tablespoons eggnog, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove tea leaves from tea bag; discard bag.
2. Stir together tea leaves, cookie mix, butter, egg, and 2 Tbsp. eggnog until well blended.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
5. Whisk together powdered sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 2 Tbsp. eggnog until smooth. Spoon over cooled cookies.