{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Keeper

While we had company over a few weeks ago, I stepped out on a limb and made a new Southern Living dessert recipe! And, I was SO glad that it was a keeper! Everyone raved...and, I'll make it again, FOR SURE! Enjoy!
Banana Bread Cobbler

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 medium-size ripe bananas, sliced
Streusel Topping
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients just until blended; whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with banana slices, and sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.

Streusel Topping
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup uncooked regular oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Stir together brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly, using a fork. Stir in oats and pecans.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, yum! I love banana desserts. I just might have to try this one.

Amy said...

I love the recipes you put on here. I'm not much of a cook so I love that they are simple and look delicious. Thanks!

katie + bret said...

WOW - That looks AMAZING!!!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

This looks amazing!

Thanks for posting great recipes! I love Wearing Gackey's Apron so much, I gave it an award!

http://pieceofcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2010/02/award.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.