{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, March 15, 2010

Every "Letter of the Week" Needs a Dessert Like THIS...

When I googled "S'mores" recipes for Quinn's S week, Betty Crocker gave me the perfect choice! And, MY was it yummy!

Confession: My preggo self loved this for breakfast, dessert and an occasional afternoon snack! :)
S'mores Brownies
1 box (1 lb. 6.5 oz)  brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)

Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
3 cups miniature marshmallows
graham crackers, broken into small pieces
2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz each), broken into 1-inch squares

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs.

Set oven to broil. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows and graham crackers over warm brownies. Broil about 4 to 5 inches from heat 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. (Watch carefully marshmallows and graham crackers will brown quickly.) Sprinkle with chocolate candy. To serve warm, cool about 30 minutes. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.

No comments: