{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That’s Amore!

Ducks, More S, etc. 009I recently found this recipe on Betty Crocker’s website and couldn’t wait to try it! I thought it would be something I would love and that Matt would entertain! But, WAS I WRONG! I think he raved more than I did!!! The next evening, he even said, “Well, it’s good…but it’s not like last night!” … Needless to say, this WILL be made again. …

And, when you look at the recipe, know that we added WAY more cheese than they told us to! :) Ducks, More S, etc. 010Rustic Chicken Pizza

1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated classic pizza crust
1/2 cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
1 box (9 oz) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese (about 4 1/2 oz) {comes in the container like Parmesan cheese}
3 plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced

Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough; place in pan. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to edge of pan.

Bake crust about 6 minutes or until crust begins to dry. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix dressing and Parmesan cheese.

Remove partially baked crust from oven. Spread dressing mixture over crust. Top with chicken and spinach.  Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Top with tomatoes.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges.Ducks, More S, etc. 011 And, look what was at my feet as we were eating. We’re keeping Zoe for a few weeks…and, along with our two puppies, I’d say she was a fan of the pizza too! … {But…shhhhh…don’t tell Slickpaw that we sneak her bites! :)Ducks, More S, etc. 012

No comments: