{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Friday, March 19, 2010

Lucky Fish

I have had this recipe bookmarked from Cara’s blog for some time now, but just now got around to trying it. Even though her pictures look WAY different than mine, it was really good. I think she used the “sprinkly” parmesan cheese and I used the kind that comes in the tub!? Not sure! Regardless, it was yum! The fish just crumbled apart when we put it on top of our rice! And, the green bell peppers made it fun for our St. Patty’s Day meal! :)  St Pat's and PIcnic 006Tilapia Bake

4 tilapia filets
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped onions
1 green {or red} bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup {1 stick} butter, melted
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSt Pat's and PIcnic 008

Preheat oven to 350.  Spread the onions & peppers in a 13x9 baking dish. Season the fish with salt & pepper and place on top. Pour the butter on top of the fish and then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Bake for 25 minutes {or until cooked through}.  Remove from oven & sprinkle fish with parmesan cheese.

Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until cheese browns.  Remove from dish and serve peppers & onions on top of fish. Serve on bed of white rice.

No comments: