{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Friday, September 24, 2010

Hot Dogs with a Twist

We LOVE hot dogs at our house! Maybe it’s our New York City honeymoon that started it all! But, when I saw this recipe that put a little twist on hot dogs, I knew we would enjoy it! And, I knew Q would too! It was yum!
BatCave 001Hot Dog Twists 

1 3/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons Ranch dressing 
8 beef hot dogs
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 425ºF. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons of Ranch dressing with fork until soft dough forms; beat 30 seconds. Place dough on surface dusted with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.

Roll dough into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise into eight 1-inch strips. Shape 1 piece of dough around each hot dog in a spiral design; seal ends if necessary. Place on cookie sheet.

Brush 1 tablespoon milk over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Matt & Me Plus Three said...

I made these for a pre-baseball game snack! They were great. The only thing I found is that I must have worked the dough too long (dough was tough). But, still a huge hit for my little guys!:) thanks for all the wonderful recipes!