{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gotta Empanada!!!

Here’s a new favorite at our house. It’s one I plan on taking to people when I make them meals for a new baby, etc. It’s YUMMMMMYYYY and SO super easy! And, I think it looks pretty, too!
3 and a half and FCC 20 years 038 3 and a half and FCC 20 years 039 
Beef Empanada
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup  Salsa
1 can of black beans, drained
1 pkg. (15 oz.) ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 cup  Finely Shredded Four Cheese

HEAT oven to 425ºF.
BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in salsa and beans; remove from heat.
PLACE 1 crust on baking sheet; top with meat mixture, spreading to within 1 inch of edge. Cover with cheese and remaining crust; seal edges with fork.
BAKE 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. before cutting into wedges to serve.
3 and a half and FCC 20 years 041

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yum, that does look good. I think I might substitute corn for the beans since my hubby won't eat any bean.