{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thank You IKEA!

IKEA-logo Dear IKEA,
Thank you for making Swedish Meatballs! They are yummy and my husband and I have both enjoyed then in your cafeteria and at home. And, after last night’s attempt to make my own, I can guarantee that I will continue to buy them from your mega store as opposed to spending hours rolling yucky ground beef…only to be so grossed out by the fact that they didn’t seem quite done enough! Since there was no possible way that I could eat them myself or force my sweet husband and 3 year old to eat them, they got thrown down the disposal. (And all mess was cleaned up by my husband…since the sight of the disaster seemed to make me a little queasy.) And we dined on sandwich fixing instead.

So, thank you again…and the next time I’m at your store to peruse thorough your isles, I’ll be purchasing your “safe” frozen meatballs too.

Sincerely,
Brittney

P.S. If you don’t believe me, you are MORE than welcome to try them for yourself. Here’s the recipe! I swear I followed it verbatim…but I’d love for you to prove me wrong!

No comments: