{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Scrumptious Stackers

I am a HUGE fan of this appetizer in restaurants. And, after tonight, I have no idea why I’ve never thought to do it on my own! This was EASY and YUMMMMMMYYYY! I think I could have eaten the whole plate. But, I kindly saved some for our guests. And, you can bet that we’ll be making this again and again!Dec. 16 051 Caprese Stackers

2 vine ripened tomatoes (washed + patted dry)
15 to 20 leaves of basil (washed + patted dry)
1 lb fresh mozzarella
balsamic vinegar for drizzling
olive oil for drizzling
pepper
salt

Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices. Stack tomato, mozzarella and basil on each plate in an alternating pattern.  Be sure to finish off with a small basil leaf on top.  Drizzle each stack first with balsamic vinegar then with olive oil. Pepper each stack and salt to taste.  Dec. 16 049

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

This reminds me of my favorite pizza place...yummy!