{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day Stew

My sister-in-law’s mother-in-law recently sent me a YUMMY crock-pot cookbook. With just a few minor changes, I got SUPER excited about making this for our anticipated snow day. And, when the snow day actually became a reality, we stayed cozy all day and got to smell this as it cooked in the crock-pot! It was YUM! And, it made the perfect snow day dinner! I can’t wait to make it again and again!! And, hopefully, there will be snow on the ground EVERY time we eat it! MMMM mmmmm!!!  
More Snow 030
Crock-Pot Beef Stew
1 1/2 lbs stew meat, cut into chunks
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
3 carrots cut into chunks
3 large potatoes cut into chunks 
2 stalks celery cut into chunks
2 onions cut into chunks
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup red wine
2 bay leaves
Nature’s Seasoning (to taste)

Brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat in pot or skillet on top of stove.

Transfer to crock pot.  Add the soup and water and stir.  Then add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot.

Cook on high for about 5 hours.

No comments: