{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Chef in Town

Before Christmas, Slickpaw got busy making things to bring to our house for Christmas. And, on top of the sausage, peanut brittle and pecan brittle, he made and froze this yummy Chicken Caliente. It used to be something my mom made, but I guess now my Dad is the chef of this family favorite. We all enjoyed it on Christmas Eve and I plan on making it again very soon!

Christmas 2010 002

Mammer’s Slickpaw’s Chicken Caliente

1 large chicken or chicken breasts cooked
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic salt
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 pkg tortillas (12 corn, cut into 4 strips)
1 large onion
1 bell pepper
1 cup sharp shredded cheese
1 cup chicken broth

Cut tortillas. Chop onion and bell pepper. Mix cream of mushroom and cream of chicken in a bowl. Mix broth, chili powder and salt in separate bowl. In Large baking dish layer 1/2 chicken, 1/2 soup mixture, 1/2 of Rotel, 1/2 of broth mixture, 1/2 of onion, 1/2 of bell pepper, 1/2 cheese, and 1/2 of Tortillas.

Repeat and end with cheese.

Bake covered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Then, uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Christmas 2010 003

{Slickpaw enjoying his creation!}

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This sounds a lot like King Ranch Casserole that we make in our family. It is yummy, yummy!