{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Friday, March 13, 2009

One Happy Customer

Recently, I saw this recipe on my teaching buddy's blog and couldn't wait to try it. I am not a very big breakfast eater...honestly, I'd rather have a cereal bar or something junky...but Matt L.O.V.E.S breakfast. So, when I woke up the other morning and made this for him, you would have thought it was gourmet. He LOVED it...went on and on about this 2 minute dream and the toast and grape jelly I served him. My parents were in town and they loved it too! So, if you need a satisfied breakfast customer at your house, this is your answer...

Coffee Mug Breakfast
coffee mug
egg(s)
cheese (I used colby jack but the Laughing Cow Wedges are a good option, too!)
salt
pepper
grape tomatoes (optional)
Spray the inside of a small bowl or coffee mug with cooking spray. Add one (or 2) egg beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute, one wedge cheese, salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for one minute. Stir, add tomato and microwave for 30 seconds. You can put it on a piece of toast or just eat it out of the mug!! {I think I might add ham next time to make it even more like an omelet!}
My happy customer!

No comments: