{This is just a little "spin off" of my PoeFam blog that is a home for my domestic attempts...recipes, house stuff and more! It's named after my mom's mom, Miriam Elizabeth Davis...better known as "Gackey!" She was a lovely lady and oh so domestic. So, follow me as I try to fill her shoes...or, better yet, wear her apron!}

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Better than Sonic!

I made this yummy treat for the 4th and it was a hit for the whole fam! So much better than Sonic!...
Homemade Cherry Lemonade

1 cup hot water
4 cups ice cold water
3/4 cup sugar
3 large lemons, squeezed (roughly 1/2 cup juice)
maraschino cherries
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
36 oz. lemon lime soda
***
Place 1 cherry in each section of 2 plastic ice trays. Fill trays with lemon lime soda and freeze. Pour sugar and hot water into a 2 quart pitcher, stir to dissolve sugar. Add remaining water, cherry juice, lemon juice and lemon lime soda. Stir and chill. Pour cold lemonade over cherry ice cubes and serve.

No comments: